Logo de la UNED

What is UNEDasiss?
Who is UNEDasiss directed at?
What services are offered?
Steps to follow
Necessary documentation
Frequently Asked Questions (faq)
Glossary of UNEDasiss Terms
Consultation of criteria for admission to Spanish universities
Collaborating entities
Qualification for admission
Specific Competency Exams (PCE)
Recognition of subjects
Bachillerato mode
Language accreditation
UNEDasiss 2018 call for requests
How to deliver the documentation
Translations, legalizations and certifications
Information on the homologation procedure
Applicable regulation

Translations, legalizations and certifications


flecha ir

• All documents issued in foreign languages by competent authorities of the country of origin should be accompanied by their Spanish translation, which may be made via:

○ Any diplomatic or consular representative of the Spanish state abroad.
○ Diplomatic or consular representation in Spain from the country from which the applicant comes, or when relevant, from the country where the document comes from.
○ A sworn translator, duly authorized or registered in Spain, whose services may be obtained through the Office of Interpreters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of Cooperation.


flecha ir

Legalization is not necessary for documents issued in member states of the European Union. For the legalization of documents from countries signing the Hague Convention of 5 October of 1961, it is only necessary for the authorities of said countries to issue an Apostille*

All foreign documents issued outside of the EU, whether or not they accredit studies, birth, nationality or any other circumstance, should be official and presented duly legalized via diplomatic channels. This legalization requires the following:

1. Recognition by the Authorities of the Ministry of Education of the country of origin of the signatures appearing on the original document, in the case of documents accrediting studies.
2. Legalization by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country of origin of the recognition made in the previous case.
3. Recognition of the signature of the previous legalization by the Spanish consulate in the country of origin.
4. Recognition of the signature of the authority or public employee of said consulate, by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of Cooperation, Legalizations Department, c/ Juan de Mena, 4, 28071 MADRID

The documents that are issued by the Consular Services of the foreign country in Spain should be legalized by the Spanish Ministry of Foreign Affairs and of Cooperation.

The information corresponding to this legalization should be facilitated by the Consular Authority or Services of the country of origin.

For more information, see the following link


flecha ir

The documents that are presented in any of the registration assistance offices do not require certification. Original documents should be taken to these offices. You may find the registration office that is the closest to your address at the following link by filling out the field “Encuentra tu oficina" (closest office) with your address and marking “Información y Registro General" (General information and registration). Original documents should be taken to these offices and indicate that it is being directed to the Sección de Acceso PAU código: U02800160 de la UNED. Originals shall be returned to the individuals presenting them.

Certifications of photocopies of the documents to be presented to the UNED (which are not made via SIR) should be made at the Associated Centres of the UNED (not in halls or sub-centres, speak with the Centre in advance). You may consult the list of Associated Centres of the UNED at the following link.

Certifications made in the Departments of Education of the Autonomous Communities shall also be valid as well as legitimizations of documents via notarization, and those made in the Departments of Education from the distinct Spanish embassies located abroad and from the Embassies/Consulates of distinct countries found in Spain (in these cases, it is also necessary to speak with them in advance so as to confirm the possibility of doing this).