The subject International Education Politics and Policies provides the student with the opportunity to learn about education from an international prospective. It intends to provide students with the opportunity to study in English the key aspects of the pressures in the definition of national education politics from a global prospective. We are living in a complex interpolar world where education is under the pressure of economic markets. The subject International Education Politics and Policies allows the student to reflect in a new prospective considering at the same time the supranational, national and local dimensions of education.
The subject International Education Politics and Policies is an optional subject offered at the last level of the Grado en Pedagogía.
- Optional subject
- Value 6 credits ECTS
- First semester
The skills that students may develop are the following:
- To develop higher cognitive proceses
- To communicate orally and written in all dimensions of professional activity with all types of professionals
- To be able to use effectively and sustainably all tools and resources for the knowledge society
- To be able to understand theoretical, historical, socio-cultural, comparative, political, and legal aspects of the human beeing as the main actor of education
- To develop strategies and techniques to develop participation and lifelong education
- To understand education problems, to register, to deal with relevant information to provide judgements to improve educational practice