Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Improve their knowledge of and be able to identify the main features of legal English as against general English.
- Enhance their knowledge, comprehension and command of legal English.
- Improve their skills in reading and writing legal texts and/or texts on legal issues in English from different genres; they will also partially improve (although to a more limited extent) their speaking (mostly pronunciation) and listening skills.
- Achieve a reasonable command of legal English vocabulary in several areas related to Criminology.
- Become acquainted with professional skills in English, such as delivering a presentation, making a telephone call, writing emails, etc.