Students who successfully complete this course will:
- Improve their knowledge of and be able to identify the main features of legal English as against general English.
- Enhance their knowledge, comprehension and command of legal English.
- Improve their skills in reading legal texts and/or texts on legal issues in English from different genres; they will also improve (although to a much more limited extent) their speaking (pronunciation) and listening skills.
- Achieve a reasonable command of legal English vocabulary in several areas related to Criminology.
- Become acquainted with professional skills in English, such as delivering a presentation, making telephone calls, writing emails, etc.