The general objective of the Master in Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility is to analyze and deepen the concept and multiple dimensions of Sustainability and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR), with emphasis on knowing in detail the existing management and evaluation tools, policies and strategies, comprehensive and transversal, existing for organizations that implement environmental, social and governance (ESG) aspects in their strategic and operational management, as well as the mechanisms of dialogue and interaction with the main stakeholders or interest groups.
The Master is oriented to the acquisition of competencies through the autonomous activity of the student, who must work reflectively and critically, individually and in groups.
The general objectives of the Master are:
- To deepen the concept of sustainability and CSR.
- To provide detailed knowledge of the instruments for the management and implementation of sustainability and CSR.
- To train professionals capable of applying sustainability criteria in an ethical and responsible manner in all types of organizations.
- To provide solid knowledge that will allow access to research tasks.
The student will develop the following competences:
- To possess and understand knowledge that provides a basis or opportunity to be original in the development and/or application of ideas, often in a research context.
- That students know how to apply acquired knowledge and problem-solving skills in new or unfamiliar environments within broader (or multidisciplinary) contexts related to their area of study.
- That students are able to integrate knowledge and face the complexity of making judgments based on information that, being incomplete or limited, includes reflections on the social and ethical responsibilities linked to the application of their knowledge and judgments.
- That students know how to communicate their conclusions and the ultimate knowledge and reasons that support them to specialized and non-specialized audiences in a clear and unambiguous manner.
- That students possess learning skills that will enable them to continue studying in a way that will be largely self-directed or autonomous.
- Identify the different stakeholders of the organizations.
- To provide knowledge that will serve as a basis for the development and application in practice of strategies, policies, management systems and tools related to sustainability and corporate social responsibility.
- To develop the ability to analyze and reflect critically, as well as to evaluate and propose solutions, about possible ethical, economic and social dilemmas.
- To solve problems in new and dynamic environments, as well as in multidisciplinary contexts related to aspects of CSR and sustainable development.
- To develop students' ability to deal with complex issues and scenarios, as well as to integrate knowledge and have a cross-cutting vision of the different dimensions encompassed in the concept of CSR and sustainability.
- To develop and refine learning skills that will enable students to continue learning throughout their lives in an autonomous manner.
- To develop students' ability to communicate clearly and unambiguously with both expert and non-expert audiences.
- To understand and reflect on the role of Corporate Social Responsibility within the socio-economic and business landscape, in a national and global context.
- Analyze and reflect on the main economic aspects of a company or other organization, public or private, integrating ethical, social, environmental and sustainability criteria in their analysis.
- Understand, identify and anticipate possible risks and points of friction between the economic-financial dimension and social, environmental and sustainability considerations within organizations; propose alternatives as possible solutions to the problem and make decisions autonomously within a context of uncertainty.
- Design and develop CSR policies and management systems in accordance with the business model and characteristics of each company or organization.
- Implement CSR policies in all areas and business units, in a cross-cutting manner, integrating the economic, social and environmental dimensions within the corporate management system, as well as evaluating the results of ethical and sustainable practices.
- Be able to clearly communicate their knowledge and actions in Sustainability and CSR to specialized and non-specialized audiences, using different formats and communication tools.
- Carry out projects and research tasks in the field of CSR and Sustainability.